Towards A Better World through A Structured Composition of Eastern Culture (Part I)
Warning : You’d better not to read this article! / Jangan dibaca! :p
(by : Risvan Dirza)
The eastern culture is emerged to replace the dominance of western culture ruled the world for at least six recent centuries. The resurrection of the “eastern” can’t simply be said to suppress or even destroy the “western”. In reality, there are many values of “western” have been adopted by “eastern”.
Based on the history and the repetitive pattern, through this article, the author try to define a strategy for “world” to continue supporting the development and growth of eastern culture, so that still bring good benefits to mankind globally.
This strategy will impact on the eastern culture originality itself. Although, it can’t be denied, that the eastern culture isn’t known now as original as earlier. However, there are always some main values that people still hold. These values remain flexible, so it can be combined with the positive values of “western”. In addition, through this article, the author will also describe a simple procedure to achieve the period related to the prediction of teething problems or weaknesses arising from combining the culture through that procedure.
First, Author thinks that neither the author nor the reader should have the same understanding in several key phrases. So, some important definitions will be described below.
In this article, the author defines the Asian culture as part or a combination of several eastern cultures. Some philosophies which influence this “eastern” are including Buddhism, Confucianism, Hinduism, Integral Yoga, Islam, etc. Despite the many actions the eastern people don’t really follow all of the philosophies, in general, the results of the various philosophies will form a community of people who have the following characteristics (E for East):
- Opinions aren’t delivered directly.
- Not on time
- Many social contacts
- Angers are delivered indirectly
- There is no queue in the waiting.
- Vacation carried out jointly
- The party is in one group
- Very loud in the restaurant.
- In traveling, prefer to take photos.
- Tend to avoid obstacles.
- Heavy meal : 3 times a day.
- Favorite transportation are motorized vehicles.
- Old age spent their time with family.
- Mood is not affected by weather.
- The leader is a very respected and powerful man (senior).
- Western culture is the new trend.
Western culture is a culture emerged as a result of the Christianity (many Christians live in western world), rational, scientific and logical school. In general, the formed characteristics in western culture are as follows (W for West):
- Opinions delivered directly.
- On time.
- Social contact is limited.
- Angers are directly conveyed.
- Queue in the waiting.
- Vacation done individually.
- The party carried out in various groups.
- Silent in the restaurant.
- In traveling, preferred to look.
- Tends to overcome obstacles.
- 1 heavy and 2 light meals a day.
- Favorite transportation is environmentally friendly vehicles.
- Old age spend time with pets.
- Mood is influenced by weather.
- The Leadership is about the same level person in age.
- Eastern culture is the new trend.
to be continued..